Oil Change Service in Honolulu – Just a Quick Call Away!
A vehicle engine can not function without engine oil which is located in the oil pan underneath the car attached to the bottom of the engine. The engine oil’s role is to lubricate all the engine parts that move. The engine parts can quickly wear out if there is not enough lubrication and this eventually leads to engine failure. An oil filter is also important as it keeps the oil clean. If the filter is not replaced on a regular basis, any debris will prevent the oil from passing smoothly into the engine.
Tips from our mechanics:
- When the oil is changed you should always replace the oil filter.
- Replacement oil needs to follow the required specifications for your car.
- To ensure there are no leaks, run the vehicle for a few minutes after your oil has been changed.
How to change engine oil:
- Remove and replace engine oil plus the filter
- Ensure all fluids are in good condition
- Complete a basic safety inspection
- Start the car and check for any leaks
What our mechanics recommend:
- Follow the maintenance schedule provided by the manufacturer
- Replacing the oil and filter every four months or every 5,000 miles
- You will not need oil changes as frequently if you use synthetic oil (versus regular oil) because its lubrication properties are better quality; plus, it is more cost effective
- You should get your vehicle inspected immediately If you notice any fluids in your driveway
- Do not drive your car with low engine oil as it can damage the engine
Indications that your vehicle needs an oil change?
- The amount of time since your last oil change exceeds the recommended miles
- Maintenance light is on
The importance of an oil change
To evade engine damage, an oil change should be performed regularly. Oil changes are a simple and inexpensive service yet considered the most important maintenance service for your car.
Whether you need an oil change at home or at the office, our mobile mechanics come to you!